[SML] Chain motor control

Ford Sellers fsellers at chauvetlighting.com
Thu May 11 20:48:58 UTC 2017

And this:
[cid:image001.png at 01D2CA76.7B81EDF0]

From: Stagecraft [mailto:stagecraft-bounces at theatrical.net] On Behalf Of Bill Sapsis via Stagecraft
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 4:44 PM
To: stagecraft at theatrical.net
Cc: Bill Sapsis
Subject: Re: [SML] Chain motor control

Yeah.   What tech dept said.  Once you start getting fancy with movement, you’ll have to start getting fancy with control.
Pickles are not fancy.

Bill

bill at sapsis-rigging.com<mailto:bill at sapsis-rigging.com>
http://www.sapsis-rigging.com
+1.267.278.4561   mobile

On May 11, 2017, at 4:17 PM, tech dept via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net<mailto:stagecraft at theatrical.net>> wrote:

I have built 8-way controllers (for CM hoists) with individual direction switches per motor (the up-off-down configuration) and a monentary run switch plus a mushroom-head ALL-STOP kill switch. A different controller required the pickle be connected via a long cable for eyeballing trim.
I doubt I would ever do a dual pickle control for simultaneous bi-direction/speed movements. Too many possibilities for injury/damage to occur.