[SML] Floor renovation

Glenn Hoit glenn.hoit at asd20.org
Mon Nov 6 19:03:13 UTC 2017

Hello!

Our high school stage is 50 feet by 35 feet deep, plus an additional 12 foot apron in front of the main curtain.  Currently our entire stage is stained oak flooring with a poly urethane covering on top.

We are considering changing the stage part (behind the proscenium) to flat black to reduce the reflective properties of our stage.  The idea right now is to leave the apron in front of the main curtain as is.

I am seeking the wisdom of the group on this idea:

a)  Does it look weird to have a 1/4 poly  to 3/4 flat black split?  Does anyone have any pictures of such a stage?

b)  suggestions for what type floor paint to use

Thanks,

Glenn

Glenn Hoit
Manager, Dave Filsinger Hall