[SML] Theatre Budget Help

Miller, Daniel DaMiller at dwu.edu
Sat Nov 18 14:59:38 UTC 2017

Again, I am asking for your help.

I am a one person department in a small university in the upper plains. We have just been given an amazing new theatre facility in which we can do our three to four shows a year. Including the 'big' musical. However, the budget I have for these shows is ridiculous and I am trying to explain to my administration that the money is not enough for what they expect from me and the department. I should also mention that I do not have any other money allocated to me except for the show budgets and a travel budget for my students and I. The budget below is 'all' the money I receive each academic year.

Can you please share what your typical budget is for a straight show and a musical and other needs? It would be greatly appreciated in my efforts to get admin to understand.

In addition, if I am way off here and these budgets look good to you, please tell me. I need to know.

This is our 'total' yearly budget.....
Show #1 - $3500
Show #2 - $3500
Musical - $10,000
Travel $1500

This is all the money I receive each academic year. This is basically the amount I have had to work with for the last twelve years. I need your input.

Thanks,

Dan

Daniel L. Miller, M.F.A.
Director of Theatre
Associate Professor of Theatre
1200 W. University Ave. / Mitchell, SD / 57301
605-995-2710 (o) 605-290-0641 (c) / www.dwu.edu<http://www.dwu.edu/>

Input / Responsibility / Relator / Intellection / Achiever

[DWU Logo & Tagline 55]

[Facebook icon]<https://www.facebook.com/dwublue>[Twitter icon]<https://twitter.com/dakotawesleyan> [Instagram icon] <https://instagram.com/dwublue/>