[SML] Theatre Budget Help

Bruce Purdy bpurdy at rochester.rr.com
Sat Nov 18 19:38:55 UTC 2017

I’m curious:

	Do you get to keep the ticket revenues in the department? (I’m guessing no.)
	Can you seek other funding sources to supplement the budget you have? (Grants, sponsors &c.) Or are you limited to that “Budget.”
	Do you have a detailed budget as to what you spent on each element of the production - and how much you brought in - for each show you’ve done in recent years? (A detailed P&L statement.)
	It seems to me that if you want to teach “Real world” Theatre, that students should learn the financial realities of producing a show including getting funding.

Bruce
-----
Bruce Purdy
Central New York Magic Theatre Co.