[SML] Strand CD80 control replacement

Richard John Archer rja10 at cornell.edu
Mon Nov 20 16:05:07 UTC 2017

Our circa 1988 CD80  finally are dying.   Dimmers are fine but control systems are bad.  University has hard wired lobby lights on,  house and work lights control only through the board and not through any aux.  panels on stage etc etc.

So…..we think the university  will pay for this rather than the department (facilities, building maintenance etc).    Any opinions as to which  upgrade system to get?  ballpark cost per rack?  Not sure wether we have to use present low voltage wiring ( especially to the remote house and work light stations)  or we can go all new.

Thanks.

DickA
TD, Cornell U