[SML] Scaffolding for FOH

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Tue Nov 21 13:00:42 UTC 2017

> I recommend,  http://www.scaffoldingdepot.com/vault_aluminum_scaffold.htm ,
> it is what we use at the Belcourt Theatre .  Just get the correct sises and
> out riggers, and make sure that the base section will fit in the aisles
> between the seats,  we have the single wide as it fits in the aisles and
> makes it easier to move. The walk boards (planks) have a hatch allowing people
> to climb up in the center of the unit, keeping the center of gravity centered,
> plus in a pinch it can be setup by one person,  and it is easy to store.

We don't have aisles between seats. There are perimeter aisles with rows of 10
seats in between.

I have only used scaffolds twice and, in both instances, the seats were
removed to do so. I don't see how they could be used with seating in place.

It certainly would be the least expensive solution, by far. But just like the
Super Straddle, I am not sure the aisles are wide enough to assemble the
fixture.e seat rows. It would also seem that the leg spacing would have to be
just right to fit between the rows of seats.

Bill