[SML] FOH hang and focus safety improvement needed

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 01:50:21 UTC 2017

Why the need for beams spaced out from the walls?

Bill

Old fashioned simple  beam design. IIRC a cantilever of 1/3 the span is
best use of material. So 1/3 cantilever either end theoretically - by
simple structure design - require least depth truss.  If supported at ends,
it would have higher bending moments.

It's been too long since grad school so someone else here should be able to
run circles around my "engineering". But I do same for stage lifts - jacks
at fifth points - and the manufacturers agree.