[SML] Lighting a school dance

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 20:26:05 UTC 2017

On 10/4/17 4:11 PM, Brock Keeler via Stagecraft wrote:
> Hi all,
> My school is putting on a Halloween dance and I know that we are going to want some a variety of effects and cool constantly moving lighting looks throughout. Our theatre has an ETC Element and a mac with Qlab and I was wondering if there was a way to record/program something so the lighting changes according to the music (faster chases with tempo or song, changing colour/effects etc.) any help would be appreciated thanks

ETCLabs has a Sound2Light program that will take audio input and turn it
into programmable OSC triggers.

https://github.com/ETCLabs/Sound2Light

Please note this is not an ETC product, so don't call tech support about
it.  But you can find help in the ETC Forums, I think.

Steve L.

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall