[SML] pipe grid question

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 17:50:16 UTC 2017

How many and what is spacing of hangers?

And the half pipe clamps are the only thing holding it except perhaps
flanges at the wall?  One for every 6' of pipe is around 30plf. (50 x
50 - say 13 pipes each way - 1300' - 200 units around 15 pounds
average - 3000 pounds.  <4000 pounds of pipe.  How many hangers?)

I'm inclined to agree the half clamp is not a good choice but perhaps
some solace in that the RWL is probably based on 8:1 or 10:1 and that
they have been there a long time. I do worry that we may see a few
failures as folks change to LED - which nearly is between 1.5 and 2
times the weight if you replace 1 for 1.

--
Bill Conner Fellow of the ASTC