[SML] 3-D printers

Joe jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 18 01:25:51 UTC 2017

A 3D printer is not really the right approach to simulate glass block for a couple of reasons.  First, it will NOT be truly clear.  Time to print something with much thickness is also quite substantial.
I would suggest vacuum forming as the best choice. In fact you can purchase it already made from Rose Brand and http://www.tulnoylumber.com/

If you don't have a vacuum former, you may also use the services of a sign maker, who has one. I had a plastics supplier who would do a 4' Square "pull" for quite cheap, if I purchased the plastic from him.  Of course, you provide the mold, which can be carved from urethane foam. If you use that approach, the 1st layer of plastic would be a thin one, which is left in place.

-Joe