[SML] 3-D printers

Dale Farmer dale at cybercom.net
Wed Oct 18 02:21:52 UTC 2017

Low budget.   Sheet of plexiglass or plastic, clear/colorless, the size
of your finish opening plus half an inch or so on each edge for
mounting.   Drill holes around the half inch edge for screwing to the
scenery.

Get a couple tubes of clear colorless bathroom caulking compound and a
tube of grey or white.     Gloves and a helper with clean hands would be
advisable for the next steps.   layout on the plexiglass the block
pattern and the mortar spaces between them.    Prepare a set of forms
from scrap luan or masonite the size of the glass blocks.  Put the forms
down and use them to guide to lay down the seams between the blocks with
the white or grey compound.  Let the compound cure overnight.

the next morning, use razor blades and scrapers to correct any mistakes
in the 'mortar'.   Now use the clear colorless compound to coat the
glass block areas and use spatulas and pieces of scrap wood to sculpt
the layer of compound on the window to look like the glass surface.
Place the thing outside to cure, unless you love the smell of acetic acid.

Dale