[SML] LEX Quality Discrepancies

NODEraser noderaser at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 21:51:14 UTC 2017

Does anyone have any contacts at LEX Products? In my "new" job (almost
two years now), we received some power distribution boxes that were
produced under a government contract that exhibit some major quality
discrepancies. Aside from a few wiring errors, most of them seem to
have issues with the housing. Holes in the top cover don't line up
with the threaded inserts in the bottom housing, new holes were
drilled without threaded inserts, and some of the new holes were
driven too close to the edge of the material such that at least one
has already broken out. Also, wood-type T-nuts were used on the
plastic housing which doesn't seem to be sufficient to me.

While this does not affect the electrical serviceability, the
mechanical integrity of the boxes will likely be compromised since
they are expected to have a service life of 10-20 years and could see
rough service in unfavorable conditions. Needless to say, this was not
the kind of work I expected to see from LEX.

Unfortunately, this seems to be a problem that was passed down the
chain to our guys, as the date of manufacturing was 2013 and QC tags
are dated 2015. Not sure if anything can be done to rectify the
quality issues, but at the very least I think some feedback is in
order.

I have a few photos I can provide if needed.

--
[Greg Bennett]
-Independent Carpenter, Electrician & Lighting Designer