[SML] Northern Lights Doozie

Lyric Opera Kansas City lyricoperakansascity at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 04:34:13 UTC 2017

Ok Everyone - Here is an really "out there" question.  Has anyone ever
tried to/had success with creating a northern lights environment in a
black box theatre?  No cyc, no projection surface.  We can look at
pics all day and most of them are people standing under a well lit
sky.  The people without the skyline don't communicate northern
lights.  I am thinking about pushing the sky feeling directly onto the
people and floor in the space, but I was wondering if anyone else has
tried to tackle this is another way?  Projectors are not an option.

Thanks,

Nate