[SML] Alley Theatre today...

Andrew Vance atvanceld at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 12:04:20 UTC 2017

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 11:35 PM, Richard John Archer via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> so how is Will Leonard doing?   and the rest of the people you work with on a daily basis?

Most of us are safe.  I'll let Will speak for himself and his
situation.  My neighborhood took on a lot of water, but thankfully it
stopped mid-front yard for most houses. My house took on minor damage
in one room, but more importantly my wife and our fur-children are all
safe.

Without going into specifics to respect their privacy, we did have
people who lost their houses.  We had people who lost their cars.  We
had people who were evacuated during the flooding and were living in
shelters.

Its going to be a tough road back for the Alley, the Alley family, and
Houston.  I'm not one to ask people for assistance [ask my wife about
that!], but Houston and the rest of southern Texas is going to need
it.  Please, if you can, donate to one of the many charities I have
listed below.  If you can sift through it, links are also available on
my facebook page [www.facebook.com/andrew.vance], and I'm sure I'll
put a page up on my website when I have a second.  If you're adverse
to one charity or another for any reason, pick the next one down the
line.  Every bit helps.

American Red Cross- www.redcross.org or text REDCROSS to 90999
Alley Theatre Rebuilding-
https://www.alleytheatre.org/hurricane-harvey-recovery-fund or text
ALLEY to 41444
Alley Theatre Employee Flood Assistance-
https://www.alleytheatre.org/employee-flood-assistance-fund or text
ALLEYSTAFF to 41444
United Way of Greater Houston-
https://www.unitedwayhouston.org/flood/flood-donation
Houston Food Bank- www.houstonfoodbank.org
Greater Houston Community Foundation- https://ghcf.org/hurricane-relief/
Houston Diaper Bank- www.houstondiaperbank.org
Texas A&M University Veterinary Emergency Team- vetmed.tamu.edu/vet/giving

Thanks so much.

--
Sincerely,

Andrew Vance