[SML] styrofoam

David Neale dneale at asij.ac.jp
Tue Apr 10 03:40:56 UTC 2018

Can anyone recommend a good resource for information on the safe use of
styrofoam in the theater?  More specifically, we use a lot of foam
insolation sheets in our shop.  (They're blue here in Japan.  Not sure
about elsewhere.)  I'm updating our safety protocols and want to make sure
we've got our bases covered.  Right now face masks are required when
working with foam.  We also only allow it's use in well-ventilated areas.
Other tips or resources with safety information are welcome.

David Neale

The American School in Japan

PS-  Completely off topic but just got back from taking a bunch of kiddos
to NY.  "Once on This Island" at Circle in the Square was just gorgeous!  I
had goosebumps before I even got to my seat and some strange kind of
moisture in my eyes when I was leaving.    Kudos to anyone with a hand in
putting it up.