[SML] LED Shadow projectors

Nigel Worsley niglew at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 12 21:32:47 UTC 2018

On 12 April 2018 at 18:46, Stephen Litterst via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> Hey smrt people,
>
> In this world of increasing LED dominance, has anyone found a good LED to
> use as a shadow projector?  You know, like how we used to take the lens out
> of a Fresnel to turn it into an approximation of a Linnenbach projector?
>
> I'm looking for a unit that would be low-profile for footlight shadows, as
> well as upstage projecting shadow plays onto a cyc.

My first thoughts would be to try a video projector, but the decently
bright ones still use a discharge lamp and not an LED. The REALLY
bright ones aren't overly small or cheap either, but that is likely to
be true of any suitable LED fixture too. .

Nigel Worsley