[SML] Video Projection, Q-Lab & TH2G

gbierly at dejazzd.com gbierly at dejazzd.com
Wed Apr 18 21:33:52 UTC 2018

> On Apr 17, 2018, at 10:28 AM, Jacob Blumberg via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>
> QLAB all the way. It’s expensive, but totally worth it.

QLab itself is not expensive.  I do have the full education license for V3 but got it 1/2 off when they ran a sale a number of years ago.  Up until then I rented the license per day for my productions.  Their rates are good but the EDU rates are excellent.  If I need more computers I can rent those separately.  The cost gets you depending on projectors and computer.  I typically will run simple programs off a 2012 iMac but make sure I run a MacPro if I am going to run multiple surfaces or do a lot of warping or extensive modifications.  I am a huge proponent of Qlab and the folks at Figure 53.

Greg Bierly
Performing Arts Center Manager
Hempfield High School