[SML] What do we call ERSs now in the LED era?

June Abernathy jea00321 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 18 20:01:02 UTC 2018

> Re: [SML] What do we call ERSs now in the LED era?

When I was a punk, all ERS units were generically called Lekos until the Source 4 came along. Curiously, those retained their name and were (and are) generally called Source 4s, in my experience.

At any rate, I’ve heard “LED Leko”, “LED Source 4”, and Source 4 LED” as generic terms.

We use S4 Lustre 2 units  on my current show, and generally refer to them as “Lustres”.

It would probably make sense for the term “Profile” to make it in to general use, but it isn’t a familiar term to most people in the US currently. So, if you used it, you’d probably then have to explain what you meant.

June Abernathy
IATSE #321 (Tampa, FL)
FOH Electrician
The Lion King National Tour