[SML] Makeup Station Lighting

Johnson, Philip Philip.Johnson at tamucc.edu
Mon Dec 10 19:02:24 UTC 2018

If you all have a make and model of that lamp I would like to check it out.

Philip Johnson
Professor of Theatre and Dance
Texas A&M – Corpus Christi

On 12/10/18, 1:00 PM, "Stagecraft on behalf of Richard John Archer via Stagecraft" <stagecraft-bounces at theatrical.net on behalf of stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

    When we opened our building in 1988  makeup mirrors had incandescent……too hot and even the air conditioning couldn’t keep up with the heat they threw off.   After much looking we found a good CRI CFL  replacement (hard to find in 1988)   We switched to LED a few years ago.   Able to get ones with correct color temp  to match stage lights and a decent CRI.   Ditto to Bill Potter’s post (hi Bill) ….no problems.    Get facilities to pay for the correct LED lamp and go ahead and switch….but not an LED  on lowest price state contract.

    DickA
    TD, Cornell U