[SML] calling Linux people...

Jerry Durand jdurand at durandinterstellar.com
Tue Dec 25 20:02:39 UTC 2018

I just upgraded my work computer to Ubuntu/KDE 18.04 and almost
everything is great.  I can't get the ^%$%#@! fstab to mount our server
like it did in 16.04.  I'm guessing they changed a parameter but I
surely can't figure it out.  Any ideas?  Web searching shows a lot of
people having issues and some get it working by adding that vers=3.0,
but it didn't work for me.

Here's the line
//igor.local/server  /home/jerry/Shared  cifs
vers=3.0,credentials=/home/jerry/.smbcredentials, 0  0

and the error is
mount error(95): Operation not supported
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

I can manually access that folder through Dolphin but of course it
doesn't stay mounted.