[SML] Digital scenery for Marionettes

jdunfee12 at yahoo.com jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 28 17:30:02 UTC 2018

 Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 3:23 AM, Illuminati500 >Backup projection. There are some great >close throw units out there. I would much >prefer to see something traditional though

Yeah I prefer more traditional painted scenery myself. And even the appeal of a traditional marionette show, in a proscenium stage very much appeals to me. However as I gauge the interest of young folks, as I tried to get volunteers to help, and people to see the show ... there just is not as much Nostalgia for these things as I expected.

Projection, front or rear is not an option. There has to be a puppeteer behind the scenery. The geometry of things just does not allow for front projection either. I will also mention that from what I have been advised, a short-throw projector really needs a very flat surface. Any irregularities or waves are exaggerated by short throw projector.
I really do think that large screen televisions are better answer, as long as I can get something that's easier to transport. If I can get a matte screen, rather than the glossy type that are so common, I will have much deeper blacks and not worry so much about lighting hitting the screen.
But until those lighter weight screens are out there, I think just having the scenery digitally edited , and then we printed, is the cheapest option.
-joe