[SML] Folding bed for Secret Garden?

Joe Dunfee joe at dunfee.com
Mon Dec 31 02:36:37 UTC 2018

I am tasked with creating a bed for Colin in the musical "The Secret
Garden".  So, it needs to be an ornate Victorian twin bed.  We have
enough space to store it off-stage without folding it, but ideally, I
would like to save some space.

One option I was considering, is to try to convert one of the
old-fashioned steel portable beds.  The wood head-board and foot-board
would need to be attached on separate pivots, and because the
traditional design lifts the head and foot of the bed, I can't really
use heavy  head and foot boards.  And because the bed is too low to the
ground, I would need to extend the metal  legs. I think the end results
would be just too cumbersome to be at all practical.

Any other ideas for this?

-Joe