[SML] Break-away table

Paul Anderson panderson at hope.edu
Wed Feb 7 20:01:45 UTC 2018

Think round and old west and saloon.

What if I wanted a table that could break in two with a [fake] head slam?

​More or less normal construction with a balsa board down the middle?
Normal-ish construction with a saw cut (or crooked) break​ across the
middle held by thin strips of something like pine ore lauan underneath?

If it has side rails-as many/most tables do-they would have to be able to
pull away from legs or also break.

I haven't seen much in terms of how-to info online that didn't look just
plain hokey.  Has someone done this other than the movies or is there a URL
for better information than what I have come across so far?

Thanks,

--
Paul Anderson
Technical Director for Theater