[SML] LEX Quality Discrepancies

NODEraser noderaser at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 20:42:25 UTC 2018

Quick update: Yesterday, we loaded up about 40 of the distros to be
sent back to Lex; even though the manufacturing date was 2-3 years
ago, they are paying the freight costs and are going to inspect and
repair the units. Hopefully, everything goes well and the issues are
rectified--so far, we have been pleasantly surprised with the
attention to detail afforded by the company.

The program that directed the adoption of these particular units would
be an interesting study in project management; it seems that a lot of
the design factors were requested by people who've never actually used
such equipment before, and aren't familiar with the generators and
powered equipment that it will be connected to. Think of the old
customer expectations vs. engineering vs. management vs. sales
scenario. Fortunately, the manufacturer (Lex) is standing behind their
products, even when the people who ordered/mandated their use aren't.