[SML] Stuntman death

Lou Poppler loupoppler at cableone.net
Sat Jan 13 14:50:17 UTC 2018

----- Michael Powers via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> Came across this today.  Anyone know any additional info??> Stalwart Films LLC, the production company for The Walking Deadtelevision series, faces $12,675 in OSHA penalties following the death of a stuntman.> The worker, 33-year-old John Bernecker, died on July 12, 2017 after falling 30 ft. from a balcony during filming in Senoia, Ga.I found some Atlanta film blog talk about this, here are 2 links:

http://buzz.blog.myajc.com/2018/01/10/mom-of-walking-dead-stuntman-vows-action-in-his-memory/
" Susan Bernecker said her son, 33, was meticulous about safety and had turned down jobs if he felt adequate precautions weren’t in place"
"“My son was known for being a pro,” she said.""
"John Bernecker had experience performing the stunt, a fall from several stories up, she noted.“He taught people how to do this,” she said. “I’m not getting the answers I want from anybody. Everybody’s just too quiet.”
[...]

http://buzz.blog.myajc.com/2017/07/21/injuries-deaths-on-georgia-sets-renew-focus-on-filming-industry-safety/
talks about this case and other Atlanta area filming-safety cases, including of course the death of Sarah Jones.