[SML] Antique wheelchair - need new rubber for tires

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Fri Jan 26 23:40:51 UTC 2018

That was cool.... yeah, I've found the wheelchair's rubber has a wire core,
but hooked/looped together instead of brazed... and no glue between the
butt ends of the rubber.  Awesome.

Yeah, I don't have that guy's tools or skills to do it "right....."

  - Jon

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 2:46 PM, Patrick Lemiszki via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Not that anyone has the custom tool in this video, but it may provide some
> insight how the rubber tires where originally put on.
>

> Rubber tires on carriage, wagon wheels
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sldK65_HUgc>
>
> Rubber tires on carriage, wagon wheels
>
> This shows the process of installing rubber tires on carriage, buggy or
> wagon wheels. Thanks for watching.
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sldK65_HUgc>
>
> Patrick
>

> Jon Aeres asks:
>

> " Props folks:
>
> So... where does one go if they'd like to get an antique wheelchair's
> crumbling rubber replaced?
>
> An antique chair, being used in a show, needs one of the small back wheels
> replaced ASAP, but I may try to replace the rubber on all the wheels,
> cuz... well, it's one wheel today; it'll be another one tomorrow."

Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com