[SML] cataract etc

Pat Kight kightp at peak.org
Mon Jul 16 22:01:21 UTC 2018

Judy Kupferman via Stagecraft wrote:
> I will need cataract surgery one of these days, and would like to know
> from those of you lighting people who have had it - have you felt any
> difference at all in color perception? I am really afraid to mess with
> my eyes in that respect, and having a new lens is not like Lasik which
> just corrects your own lens.
>
> I did have Lasik almost 15 years ago and have had no problem with that
> (except dry eyes).

What Ken and Alf said. You'll likely experience a blue-shift after the
surgery, but I got used to it quickly, and have been pleased with how
"true" colors look now. I'm one of the relatively rare people who needed
followup procedures on both eyes due to a bit of clouding that resulted
from protein buildup on the back of the lens implants and did result in
a bit of flare (especially when driving at night), but they were done
with lasers on an outpatient basis, no anesthesia required, and have
been 100% successful.

--
Pat Kight
kightp at peak.org