[SML] Jac-Pac Issue

Paul Guncheon pguncheon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 10:58:59 UTC 2018

Thanks to all that responded. Apparently, there's no "O" ring in the
Jac-Pac itself.

<<O rings only come in standard sizes. Except for nasa rocket booster
orings.? ?
I go to grainger or whomever and order one of those assortment kits if I'm
not sure what size I need.? Which for me is everytime, I have no idea how
you would even measure one.??>>

I have an assortment/kit of about 30 various sizes although usually not the
one I need (of course). I believe one measures an "O" ring by the diameter
of a cross-section and the diameter of the ring itself.

<The o ring sealing surfaces need to be completely clean and smooth.?
Something as small as a human hair across the surface provides a leakage
path.? ?If you have shreds of rubber in there,? then time to clean and
inspect.? Lubricate if indicated.? If the metal is gouged, then repair or
replacement of the fitting is indicated.?>

I have dealt with quite a few pneumatic devices in my time so I'm pretty
aware of what can cause leaks. It appeared to me that there could have been
an "O" ring in the Jac-Pac as that's where I found the shreds of one but
apparently it came from a CO2 cylinder of which I have several. What is
curious is that the "O" rings on the cylinders are clear while the shreds
were black. I did notice that one cylinder is missing its ring though,
however that was not the cylinder that was leaking. The whole thing is a
mystery. I did try another cylinder and there was no leak.

Laters,

Paul 1