[SML] Replacement floor choices

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 10:29:09 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 10:25 PM Nancy Christian via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> My quandary is: Do I replace with a T & G soft wood floor that is
> forgiving and patchable or replace it with the hard board floor?

Im a big fan of using edge-grain western yellow pine for the working stage
surface, with two caveats: it must be properly sealed, and it doesn’t last
forever. But it does forgive a lot of sins, and takes hole plugs very
easily.

You might also investigate one of the new recycled-plastic sheet surfaces,
such as Stageboard. The initial cost is higher, but the lifespan is much
longer and it can be plugged with the appropriate material. It also takes
lag screws and Redhead anchor screws very nicely. I’m told it’s nice to
dance on, too, but I wouldn’t know about that.

--
Dave Vick
517-749-3859