[SML] picky charger

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Sun Jun 24 10:39:42 UTC 2018

> Finally figured out the inverter isn't referenced to ground like the
> mains are.  Nothing cares except this one charger.  Must be a marginal
> design in the charger and the lack of a ground reference kills the
> function.

I wonder why they reference it to the grounding conductor? Too much voltage
swing in the neutral due to the current it carries?

On the other hand, my UPS will show a fault light if on a circuit without the
safety/grounding conductor. I have never bothered to test to see if it charges
the battery under such a fault, since I have plenty of suitable outlets
available.

Bill