[SML] Vendor Rules

dale dale at cybercom.net
Mon Mar 5 21:36:31 UTC 2018

Specifying what brands/grades of tape are acceptable where.     Specifying that they cannot obstruct fire escapes and other fire inspectorish things.   Maximum noise levels allowable in the venue.  Specify that your measurements are the final say on the noise levels.   Prohibit any equipment where the safety ground connection has been compromised or disconnected.  (The don't electrocute the guitarist rule)
  That they may not paint, make holes, or otherwise modify the venue without the express written consent of the venue representative, and repair to the satisfaction of the university representative must be completed in a reasonable time after the event at their expense.
Limitations on fog, smoke or haze use.  Fire department detail, etc.    Prohibition of flammable dusts or vapors.  (Remember that nightclub that had those colored powders explode burning and killing the patrons. )   pyro restrictions.  Balloons allowed? Water use allowed for rain effects or the like.
Any labor agreements that the venue is bound by for hiring local labor.   Your university may also have regulations on subcontractors on site that they need to follow.   You are a state university, so as a government entity, you may have further requirements, such as prevailing wage laws.
  Insurance liability coverage and other legalisms.
And a final say so that your venue representatives have final say so on such things as occupancy limits, safety hazards not already mentioned, and other show stopping events and conditions.
Dale

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone