[SML] What is this cap called?

taco at peak.org taco at peak.org
Tue Mar 6 14:51:47 UTC 2018

Have you looked at all the water and drink bottles that are littering your campus for a plastic cap that fits? You could have a bucket sitting there with hundreds of them, and wouldn't need to worry about the chain.

See, that's the problem - the connection to the cap is riveted on, and
I can't merely drill out the rivet and rivet a new chain on - inside
the cap is a rubber seal, and anything that protrudes into the cap
will interfere with the rubber seal, and in turn poke into the
connectors... it would need to be flush, like the factory-applied
rivet that was (is) there now. Replacing the chain is the hope, but I
can't figure out a way to do that without using user-serviceable
mechanical fasteners on the cap side.

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com