[SML] Cleaning the audience space

Bruce Purdy bpurdy at rochester.rr.com
Fri Mar 23 17:34:10 UTC 2018

> On 23Mar, 2018, at 10:42 AM, Scott C. Parker via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>
> The movie theater I worked at ages ago used leaf blowers.

	Having managed movie theatres for twenty years in a former life, I would never use blowers. I know that some did, but we found that it blew the popcorn and dust up in a cloud which re-deposited the mess on the seat cushions and the carpeted aisles.

	My approach was to sweep under the seats with a “Toy broom” (A small broom with a handle that is maybe 2 ½ feet long as I recall,) then sweep up the row with a push broom.

	Of course these were concrete floors, so carpeted risers would be a different story. I’d go with a backpack vacuum.

Bruce
-----
Bruce Purdy
Central New York Magic Theatre Co.