[SML] Cleaning the audience space

jdunfee12 at yahoo.com jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 01:25:34 UTC 2018

 Jacob Blumberg wrote:
>Get a Roomba for each riser

I don't think a Roomba can handle a single piece of popcorn.  It would be too big for it to "eat".
The other problem I expect with a Roomba in a theater, is that it will be facing a very large number of chairs, which will constantly frustrate its efforts.  So, whatever robotic vacuum is used, it probably would need new programming logic to educate it about theatrical seating.  In some ways, it would be easier than vacuuming a house. If the seats are fixed to the floor, then it will have a very predictable environment. And even non-fixed chairs tend to be spaced quite evenly.
I actually have 2 Roombas that I purchased at a thrift store, thinking I would hack it.  One hack that I never pursued was to put on a different source of suction.  The idea being to make a cyclonic type of vacuum, and boost the power.  This may address one of the problems... the very small bin for the dust.  Popcorn takes up a lot of space.
So, I think the Roomba would need a complete re-design from scratch, to be useful in a theater.
-Joe