[SML] Cleaning the audience space

jdunfee12 at yahoo.com jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 11:17:12 UTC 2018

 Don Taco via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
 >I edit your post for truth and clarity...>      So, I think the Roomba would need a complete re-design from scratch, to be useful.

You are correct.  I have not found them worth the $5 I paid for mine, in terms of household usefulness.
Actually, I suspect that this type of technology should be most likely to be useful in a place like a theater.  And especially a movie theater. They can be bigger, but still fit under the seats. They don't have to deal with things like power cords.  Though, I suspect that a human being would need to go through and get things like cups, and lost mittens.
And though our theater uses volunteer help, in a professional environment, a robotic vacuum may earn its keep.  Of course, there may be flaws in my thinking that I am not seeing.  Sticky floors, and floors still wet from a spill may not be compatible with robot wheels.
I am beginning to see the advantage of working out a deal with a local animal shelter.  Wait a minute, I forgot that theaters may already have contracts with the hamster union.  Would that be a barrier to getting volunteer animals from the animal shelter?
-Joe