[SML] What could be easier?

Jerry Durand jdurand at durandinterstellar.com
Wed Mar 28 22:22:11 UTC 2018

Famous last words...

I need run some 220V, 50Hz equipment off battery.  Simple, buy a Pure
Sine Wave 220V inverter and hook to the battery.

The inverter arrived, flipped through the manual (yes, I RTFM) and see
this is HALF the wattage advertised and NOT Pure Sine Wave.

*sigh*

Contact the seller.  Yet another seller that MUST have a video of the
problem.

*Sigh*

Take a video of their web page listing specs and then pan to the manual
pages showing the errors.

Not good enough, they need a video of it RUNNING.  ???

*SIGH*

Hooked it up to 12V, hooked a load to it and my oscilloscope.  Yep,
definitely NOT anything resembling sine.  Also 55Hz.  55???  Couldn't
decide between 60 and 50 so split the difference?

Anyway, took a video of it connected and the 'scope screen. The video
has been sent in, hopefully they don't need an analysis of the circuit.

--
Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.
www.DurandInterstellar.com