[SML] Almost Maine

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Wed May 2 18:26:13 UTC 2018

Back in the Dark Ages (heh), the band I lit wanted something like this. I
used to lay out a long piece of Mylar on the deck, loosely taped down along
one side, with a low-speed fan blowing air under the Mylar, between it and
the deck. I’d focus a wide-beam leko obit from an acute angle, gelled with
the appropriate suedes of blue/aquamarine/green/whatever, with the
slowlyroiling reflection shining on the band’s Backdrop cyc.  Experiment
with fan speed & angle and light angle for desired results. For a decidedly
no-Tech effect coming from a nascent Carpenter, it looked pretty darn
awesome! I’d love to combine it today with a modern “toy” like a gobo
spinner...
--
Dave Vick
517-749-3859