[SML] Sal Ammoniac smoke

Tom Heemskerk tom_heemskerk at hotmail.com
Mon May 7 21:54:43 UTC 2018

Haven’t seen this being done for ages, but it sure was a nice haze. I’ve seen the Ammonium Chloride heated with an electric frying pan.

Tom

On May 3, 2018, at 20:30, jdunfee12--- via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net<mailto:stagecraft at theatrical.net>> wrote:

Since childhood, I have read about using Sal Ammoniac in a Heating Cone to make theatrical smoke.  However, I have never seen this done, nor even seen what such a heating cone looks like.  A search for a "heating cone" shows up some cone-shaped systems which you use to heat a bearing (I am guessing to expand it a bit, to put onto a shaft).  Is that the sort of "heating cone" used for smoke?

A search on Youtube also turned up nothing except how to clean your soldering iron.   I also searched "ammonium chloride", since that seems to be the same stuff. But, again without success.

Anyone know of a site that shows a picture, or ideally a video of such a contraption in operation?

-Joe