[SML] Who uses a touchscreen with their Ion or Element?

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Thu May 17 00:14:28 UTC 2018

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 5:01 PM, PJ Veltri via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> I actually use 3 touchscreens when programming on my ion (2 on the console
> and 1 nomad)
> I have a bunch of magic sheets, direct selects, some macros that I use to
> just speed up programming, many of which were shamelessly stoeln from
> Patrick Boozer.
> Screenshots are here: https://imgur.com/a/ys9xvIO
> +1 with PSDs as needed
> As someone who was trained on an Expression 1, working without them is
> surprising difficult, but honestly I find my nomad touchscreen being less
> and less for selecting channels and more as a visual representation and a
> quick way to hit macros and color palettes
> Hope This helps,
> PJ Veltri

Helps very much! Very helpful to get real-world input.

I'm putting together a proposal that (among other things) replaces our
Expresses in our two spaces, and both ETC and the manufacturer's rep
spec'd multiple touch screens, and I want to find out if it's a worthy
investment.

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com