[SML] Who uses a touchscreen with their Ion or Element?

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Thu May 17 22:10:41 UTC 2018

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 12:13 PM, DeLand, Justin via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> I use two Dell S2240T on articulating arms on the Element in one of our spaces.  They work perfectly and make the element so much more user friendly--using mouse only (we have this in some of our other spaces) feels so Neanderthal.  I'm not sure what the ETC rep quoted you, but you might find it to be worth buying the monitors separately.  Articulating mounts also allow you to place the monitors in locations and tilt them to angles that are more natural when sitting or standing, to make using the touch screens more fluid.

I love the idea of the articulating arms.... great idea.  I use one at
my desk at work, when I have to do some drafting or Photoshop work,
and need the bigger screen than my laptop.

But I would need to make sure I can use easily-removable ones - so the
system can be set up at the tech table during the tech days, and, in
the case of our black box which has no permanent "booth" (allowing us
to re-arrange the room any ol' way we want) - the sound-n-lights world
needs to be movable and store-able.

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com