[SML] ArtNet IP Address ranges

Scott C. Parker scparker at gmail.com
Wed May 23 01:09:38 UTC 2018

Greetings All,

I'm debating which range of IP addresses to assign to our stock gear.

Our Robe Movers have default addresses in the 2.x.x.x range. This seems to
be the default used by Art-Net. However, in the rest of the web world,
using 10.x.x.x or 192.164.x.x is recommended for local networks.

What do you all use?

The following is from the Art-Net site:

"By default an Art-Net product will factory start using a Class A IP
address scheme in the range 2.x.y.z. This allows Art-Net products to
communicate directly and without the need for a DHCP server to be connected
to the network.

However, the IP address can be changed by the user; for example, 10.x.y.z
and 192.168.x.y are perfectly legitimate."

--
Thanks,
Scott

Scott C. Parker
Lighting Designer http://scpld.com/ Studio 212-533-3430  Cell 718-757-6661
http://twitter.com/stageseminars
https://www.linkedin.com/in/lightingdesigner
USA829, IES, PLASA, USITT, ETCP certified Rigger & Electrician