[SML] Chain as hanging hardware

Bill Sapsis bill at sapsis-rigging.com
Wed Oct 3 00:11:27 UTC 2018

Ben

There are many issues with this rig.

The use of unrated hardware in visible areas indicates that unrated hardware was used elsewhere.
The inability to see how the rod is attached to the ceiling is very troubling.
The use of threaded rod indicates to me that whatever they did in the ceiling has been subjected to the stress of equipment being hung from the grid and then removed from the grid.  Most anchors are designed for static loads.  A pipe grid is anything but static.  And the rod is brittle.  We hate threaded rod.  A chain or wiore rope suspension is much better.

I would say your last sentence is the correct approach.

Zat help?

Bill S

bill at sapsis-rigging.com
http://sapsis-rigging.com