[SML] UV light Source

Ford Sellers fsellers at chauvetlighting.com
Thu Oct 4 14:05:49 UTC 2018

It really depends on the effect, and cost that you're looking for.
If $50 each is your budget... Stick with those.  YMWV, but at least you'll have something.
If you're looking for something a little more versatile, we (Chauvet) have our COLORDash Hex fixtures (I believe the DJ line has equivalents, as well), which use 6-die RED, Green, Blue, Amber, Cool-White, and UV emitters.  These would be able to be used as both color mixing pars, and UV fixtures (and let me tell you, if you mix the Red and UV, the effect is an incredible "Hyper-Pink" that does not exist in nature, and is SUUUUUUUUUUUPER Cool).

A few of our friendly competitors have similar fixtures.
Caveat (for ours, and the competitions)... the "UV" in these is right at the bottom of the visual spectrum (like 380-390nm), so the output is somewhat visible, but things do fluoresce brightly when "lit" by these.

We are also launching a new Series of Pars at LDI in the Ovation line.
There is a UV variant (360-365nm) which has an incredible effect with virtually no visible output, but is likely to out of your pricepoint.
These are more in-line with traditional WildFire units.  So, you'll only need one or two to light your stages.  If you want to make them wider, we recommend Luminit diffusers, as the Rosco Opti-Sculpt is not as UV resistive (we found it yellowed after a couple of hours, where the Luminit doesn't).  I believe that Rosco is improving this, though.  If tghat's the case, we may include one of their asymmetrical filters in the box, as at over 100° coverage angle, the effect is incredible for short throw applications.

Anyway, I hope that helps!

-Ford