[SML] Old telephones

Johnson, Philip Philip.Johnson at tamucc.edu
Wed Oct 10 04:31:55 UTC 2018

We had a green princess phone when i was growing up.  I watched the phone guy connect it to the phone line and noticed he put a transformer on the electrical outlet nearby and connected it to the other terminals on the phone block.  I suspect the 6 volts is transmitted through the other terminals.  If you take open the phone you’ll see where the phone line separates out to go the the handset and phone and where it goes to the dial light. You need to make sure teleQ is only connected to the ringer circuits and then send the 6 volt down the other two lines. Usually when I used teleQ I would have bought the 4 pin wall mount and wired the tele q to that.

Hope this helps

Phil Johnson
Texas A&M Corpus Christi

Sent from my iPad