[SML] Haze and making it work

Edward Hunter ehunter57 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 17:20:26 UTC 2018

I'm trying to add haze to my current show and it's been a struggle to get
the right balance of fan speed and pump speed. I figured the might be some
collected wisdom in the group I could take advantage of. We're using a
Rosco V-hazer on a fairly small stage, 36' opening  and low fly space. The
hazer is sitting off stage left since there's an exhaust vent stage right
that seems to be creating some flow across the stage.

Whenever the hazer is on it looks like the building is on fire. I've tired
low haze/high fan, low haze/low fan, medium haze/medium fan. I have a small
fan in front of the hazer to direct the haze and spread it more. Nothing
seems to get that nice even feel I've seen in other (mostly Broadway) shows.

Thoughts/suggestions? What has worked for you? I think what I really need
is a much finer mist entering the stage area but I'm not sure how to get it.
-Ed