[SML] Long, graceful, gentle bend in conduit?

Bill Sapsis bill at sapsis-rigging.com
Tue Sep 18 16:56:50 UTC 2018

Jon.

Your method should work but I'd fill the conduit with sand first.  That should keep the conduit from kinking in the middle.

Bill S.

bill at sapsis-rigging.com
http://sapsis-rigging.com
+1.267.278.4561 mobile

On 9/18/18, 12:49 PM, "Stagecraft on behalf of Jon Ares via Stagecraft" <stagecraft-bounces at theatrical.net on behalf of stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

    Howdy folks -

    Anyone know how to get long, gentle bend in conduit (EMT) when one
    doesn't have giant steel bending apparati?  I want to take 3 pieces of
    10' EMT and put a smooth bend into them (concave depth of just 2-4
    inches, perhaps) that some lightweight fabric will hang from.

    One thought I had was securing each end up in the air in the shop, and
    hang a little weight on the conduit and let nature take its course....
    Thoughts?

    --
    Jon Ares
    www.arescreative.com