[SML] When is a LEKO not a "Leko?"

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Sun Sep 23 21:03:20 UTC 2018

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 1:00 PM Jacob Blumberg via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> It is the new evolution in lighting that was created. Every time a lighting designer wants a gel it makes them think twice if they want to fight gravity to get it in or if they can just go without having that light geled.

Not such a new evolution....  I think many of us can remember some
lighting/stage textbooks that used the same photos of some lighting
fixtures, but upon (not-so-close) examination, it was clear these were
mounted to weighted bases, and were pointing "up," and someone printed
them in the books upside-down, so they looked more "theatrical."
Resulting in upside-down lights in the textbooks.  I don't have the
books here at home, so I can't grab a pic, but I think the lights were
Altmans.

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com