[SML] Boston Mayor's aides convicted of demanding music festival hire union stagehands.

June Abernathy jea00321 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 10 18:53:02 UTC 2019

So, the festival organizers assumed that the City Hall staffers were demanding that they use union labor in exchange for approving permits, although that had not been the case in previous years. The jury apparently agreed with that view.

You, Dale, are assuming that the union was behind this situation? Pressuring the City Staffers to pressure the event organizers into using Union labor? There is no mention in the article of this. You’re assuming that is what everyone will assume and that therefore the situation is a “black eye to the union’s reputation”?

That’s a lot of assuming for facts not in evidence. I think I’m going to withhold judgement here.

June Abernathy
IATSE #321
FOH Electrician
The Lion King National Tour