[SML] Cris Dopher update

Kristi R-C misswisc at aol.com
Mon Aug 26 14:47:48 UTC 2019

>From Cris' mom:

"Dear Family and Friends: It is with a very heavy heart, tears in my eyes, that I tell you that Cris Dopher has passed away. We received a call from the hospital last night about 11:10. Although we had been expecting this call, it hits like a ton of bricks. Cris was diagnosed on April 1, 1975, with CF. The doctor told us he wouldn’t live to be 5. Guess they didn’t know Cris. He was going to be 48 on the 17th of September. He was smart, talented and happy with his life and friends. Thanks to his donor (and the family), he lived 5 years and 8 months after transplant. He survived the transplant, colon cancer, liver cancer and the motorcycle accident that could have killed anyone. He could not survive this last round of lung rejection, lung cancer and the associated chemo.

 At this time, April and I are planning a small reception in NY for friends to lift a glass of scotch and a memorial service next year in Terre Haute, Indiana, on August 30, 2020. We will have his stone unveiling at that time.

 If you wish to make a donation, his favorites were: Boomer Esiason Foundation (Team Boomer), The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Ellie’s Army,1051 NE93rd Street, Miami Shores, FL. 33138 (he named his motorcycle after her), BehindtheScenesCharity.org.
 His address in NYC was/is 153A 31st Street, Brooklyn, NY. 11232. I will be staying here for a couple of months.

 His Mom, Karen, and family
 Feel free to share this with his communities."

I will be at the memorial in Terry Haute in 2020. Will pass on more info as I get it.

Kristi R-C