[SML] Traveller/traverse track 101 question

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Fri Aug 30 21:24:06 UTC 2019

Epilogue:

All the trucks seem happy in their track - no room for them to
twist....  no errant hand line caught in any of the carriers.... so we
tried Greg's suggestion of moving the master carrier on the downstage
side, and it's (more or less) solved.  It was clear that the carrier
had NOT slipped (it was clamped in there so well there's considerable
deflection/flattening of the line) - but regardless, moving the master
on there does solve the overlap/gap issue.  Still pretty hard to open
until it's about halfway open, but not a deal-breaker.  (We never
open/close the drape like a grade school for our productions, but some
rentals love to have their curtains travel rather than guillotine.....
ugh.)

Hopefully we can get the drapes replaced within a few years - I have
been most unhappy ever since they were cleaned, and they shrunk
non-uniformly, resulting in varying heights along the traveler panels.

Thanks for all the suggestions, folks!

 - Jon

--
Jon Ares